Saturday, March 24, 2012

On Spirit

Running by the ocean before the rain, before the sunset. Breath and muscle fueled by will. Fast asleep yet awake too soon. Too soon? If too soon means before the pieces of a heart have mended, then yes. Too soon. For, even the ocean is no match for a will that can run away from it. It's when you trust it, when you're not looking that its waves will finally conquer you, who most resisted. It's a thing that works when you close your golden eyes, when you give in or give up, when you cease to try. Don't you see? It's not your work yet... So I go again.
In the rain /
A dance in the rain /
A dance in the rain.
To heal the spirit first. It is the spirit that will forge the makeshift seams of a heart broken long ago.

1 comment:

Matt D said...

You use fascinating imagery.

I have recurring dreams involving the ocean
and the tides. I'm often on the beach
and I'm trying to get away as the tide comes in
sometimes I succeed, sometimes I can't
and then I wake up feeling very nervous and defeated.

I love the ocean though.